In short and simple words, mail brides are girls from any country who want to date foreign men and use mail bride services to reach their goal. But how do mail order brides work and is it actually a real thing? We’ll tell you right here!
How do mail order brides work?
Before you order a bride online, you have to know how this concept works. Let’s talk about the whole process step by step.
- At first, a woman who wants to find a foreign husband or boyfriend signs up for an international dating website. These sites are often called “mail order bride platforms” because they are mostly focused on international relationships. Women often have to provide documents that prove their identities to sign up — mail order bride websites have quite strict anti scam policies.
- Men who want to find a mail bride, sign up for the dating platforms we’ve mentioned before, and pay for the credits/premium membership. The point is, such websites usually offer more features and services and provide much better anti scam protection than American dating platforms. That’s why these platforms are fee-based in the absolute majority of cases. But don’t worry — yes, the mail order brides cost can be quite high, but the dating services usually don’t cost more than $30-$60 per month.
- After that, everything is very similar to online dating in the United States. That’s how mail order brides work — basically, dating a mail bride is like dating a woman from your country with only two differences: a mail bride can be thousands miles away from you and she probably doesn’t speak fluent English, that’s all.
- Then, you arrange a date and meet your mail bride.
The main problem here is that it’s not that easy and not that cheap to have a date with a girl who lives in another part of the world. The good news here is that some dating platforms help their clients set up a date, book a flight and hotel, etc. However, such services are usually quite expensive.
- Some mail bride platforms provide wedding planning services and help their clients marry foreign women, but of course, not all of them.
- When a mail bride becomes a wife, she can get a Green card — you two will have to pass the interview with the immigration officer. The questions will focus on your relationship, activities, and plans — and if your marriage is real and for love, you will have no problems with this interview. In 3 years, she will be able to become an American citizen.
Do mail order brides work?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions when it comes to mail brides (together with how do mail order brides work? Is this actually real? Is it really possible to find a wife online? And does this whole thing really work?).
In short, yes. Hundreds of thousands of American men use mail bride platforms and thousands of them marry foreign ladies every year. The most important thing is to find the best rated mail order bride sites (the best rated sites are usually the safest ones) and to not lose your money on fake profiles (just never send money to a mail bride until you see her, that’s all). Everything else is exactly like online dating in the United States — you create a good and interesting dating profile, upload your best photos, and chat with ladies to find the one.
Women sign up for mail bride websites and provide their documents to verify their identity — they don’t have to pay anything to use these platforms. Men, however, should pay — these services are usually fee-based for male members. Other than that, everything is quite similar to online dating — you chat with women, video call them, arrange the dates, and meet them.
Unfortunately, there are no free bride platforms — that’s how mail order brides work, you have to pay to chat with women. But the mail bride services don’t usually cost too much — you’ll have to pay about $30-$50 per 1 month of premium subscription. A date will cost you up to $2,000 (including hotel and flight), and the wedding expenses can be quite high (up to $20,000-$30,000).